Germinating Cannabis Seeds
Germinating Cannabis seeds is easy, simply follow this comprehensive, step-by-step guide.
High quality Cannabis and Marijuana seeds don’t come cheap, the better the quality, the more expensive the seeds become, therefore achieving anything but 100% germination is wasting money.
Sometimes cheap seeds can be appealing, saving you money and getting you started. However, with lower germination rates and the possibility of weak, unstable plants producing low grade buds, do you really want to take the chance?
High quality seed suppliers check their product for imperfections, removing any immature seeds, and those crushed or damaged before they are packaged. This will improve your germination ration.
Look for companies who guarantee their seeds will germinate, such as I Love Growing Marijuana, more often than not, these seeds will achieve the best germination rates through the use of greater quality control.
Best Method For Germinating Cannabis Seeds.
There are several ways to germinate Cannabis seeds, for many growers the following method returns the best ratio;
- Half-fill a small cup or glass with room temperature water and carefully drop in the seeds, taking care not to crush or damage them when removing from the packet.
- Leave the seeds to soak for 24 – 36 hours, gently pushing any seed that floats, under the water to encourage them to sink, and so absorb more water.
- After the allotted time, the seed shells should begin to split and crack, exposing the white ‘tap’ root.
- Carefully place the separated seeds onto good quality paper or kitchen towel, then fold the towel over to completely cover them.
- Ensure the paper towel remains moist at all times, but doesn’t sit in a puddle of water as this will quickly drown and rot your seeds.
- Once the shell breaks away and exposes the ‘tap’ root, place the seed into a small pot with loose aerated soil and cover with clingfilm or place in a propagator to contain the moisture.
- Keep the soil moist and warm, with constant direct light, and over the next few days the seed will break through and start to grow, removing the clingfilm as soon as the seedling appears.
- Once your young seedlings begin to develop and become root-bound in their small pots, transfer them to a much larger one to obtain maximum vegetative growth.
This simple but trusted method is used by Cannabis and Marijuana growers all around the world, achieving the best results possible, regardless of the quality of the seeds. With just a few minutes work and a few days patience, your Cannabis and Marijuana can achieve much better germination rates than just putting the seeds into pots of soil in the hope they grow.
If you’re spending your hard-earned money on a packet of high quality Cannabis seeds, you won’t be very happy if half of the seeds fail to germinate. In fact, with the average cost of high quality seeds between $7 – $12, you really want every single seed to produce a strong, stable and uniform plant.
Cheap seeds may seem tempting, but there is no substitute for quality, and what may seem like it’s saving you $$$$ in the short-term, buying cheap Marijuana seeds, can end up costing you grams, ounces and hundreds of dollars with smaller buds, lower quality and lesser weight harvests.
Don’t leave things to chance. Purchase our recommended Cannabis and Marijuana seeds to produce the best quality plants, and employ the correct germination technique to ensure the highest possible ratio.
How To Grow Cannabis and Marijuana.
To learn more about germination, cultivation and harvesting your plants, download the free, no obligation Marijuana Grow Guide today.
Written by Robert Bergman, once a professional Amsterdam grower, and now the founder and owner of I Love Growing Marijuana, this informative free download covers all aspects of how to grow your own Cannabis, with sections on germination, vegetative growth, flowering and harvesting.
Download your free, no obligation copy of the Marijuana Grow Guide today and start to Grow like a Pro!